03 5846 8881
FAQ (Anti Wrinkles Injections)
FAQ (Anti Wrinkles Injections)
How does muscle relaxing toxin injection work?
It works by relaxing facial muscles, thereby temporarily reducing and smoothing dynamic frown lines and wrinkles, i.e. those lines caused by movement of the muscles.
Is treatment painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anaesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following treatment.
Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
How long does the treatment take?
Anti-Wrinkle treatments usually take somewhere between 10-20 minutes.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with muscle relaxing toxins will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
When will I see results of the treatment?
Within days, you may see a marked improvement in the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
How long will the effect last for?
The treatment is temporary; the effects may vary from patient to patient depending on the dose administered and the individual patient differences, with duration lasting approximately 3-6 months.
What are the most frequent reported side effects?
- Discomfort, burning sensation, redness or bruising at the injection site.
- local muscle weakness including temporary drooping of the eyelids, double vision, dry eyes, lack of feeling and nausea or flu like symptoms.
Side effects are temporary and, in case of the eyelid drooping, generally resolve spontaneously within 2-4 weeks.
Who should not take botulinum toxin?
- had an allergic reaction to any of the botulinum toxin products or their ingredients.
- have a skin infection at the planned injection site
- a disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease], myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome).
- had any side effect from the product product in the past
- a breathing problem, such as asthma or emphysema
- swallowing problems
- bleeding problems
- plans to have surgery
- had surgery on your face
- weakness of your forehead muscles, such as trouble raising your eyebrows
- drooping eyelids
- any other change in the way your face normally looks
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant..
- are breast-feeding or plan to breastfeed.
What will happen to the moderate to severe frown lines between my brows if I choose not to continue treatments?
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows will gradually return to the way they looked before treatment.
Do treatment results differ?
Yes, individual results may vary. To get the best results, it's important to go to a doctor who is experienced in administering these injections.
Is the treatment expensive?
Pricing may vary according to the patients needs.